Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February Flowers



I've never been a big fan of winter.  Yes, the snow can be pretty -- for about an hour while I'm taking pictures -- but then it is just cold and wet.   February in New Jersey can be dreary, with dirty snow below and grey skies above.  And what is the shortest month ends up feeling like the longest one.

That is when I start to bring home flowers from the supermarket, and have some fun with my camera.  :)

In the past few weeks, I've shot roses, tulips, daffodils and now cyclamen.  I love these little flowers, which look like tiny pink flames.  I've been loving the large selection of flowers in the markets right now, in advance of Valentine's Day.  And even if I cannot bring them all home, they are my February lifeline -- a little bit of spring in this cold month.  Wishing you all a wonderful Valentine's Day, dear bloggers!  xoxo

*******

Please join me tomorrow for Thursday's Inspiration.  This week's prompt is LOVE, perfect for Valentine's Day.  :)

Here are the subjects for the next few weeks.  If you have a subject that you would like to add to our list, just let me know.  I will try to get my post up by 2:00pm New York time.

February 14:  love
February 21:  white
February 28:  architecture

I will probably do just one image for each prompt, but if you want to include more, go for it.  I will probably just let the image speak for itself, but if you want to include  text as well, great.  Whatever floats your boat.  And if we get enough people to play, I might do a "My Faves" post at the end of each month, with your permission, and link back to your blog.  I would appreciate a link back to my post each week, so that your friends can join in if they wish.

So thank you so much!  I am looking forward to sharing with you, and drawing inspiration from you!  xoxo




11 comments:

  1. Lovely little flowers! I don't think I've ever seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, what a lovely flowers!

    Have a great St.Valentine's Day!

    xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :) | PJ’ Ecoproject

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day, Mary! Your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I'm adoring that new camera of yours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary,
    Exquisite is your photography!!!
    Last week and this week I am using post that I already had
    to fit into the "theme".
    It is my hope to take each theme as a venue to practice
    using my camera in the weeks ahead.
    Thank you for always inspiring me through your work behind the lens!!!
    Happy Valentine's Day from my~heart~to~yours!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cyclamens are such great winter plants, I have them all over my garden. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!